Statistics of Piles in Singapore
1 in 3 people in Singapore suffers from haemorrhoids, commonly known as piles. Piles refers to enlarged blood vessels that you can get inside or around your anus. Symptoms include rectal bleeding, anal discomfort and pain, as well as swelling.
How do piles come?
Piles are a very common ailment that affects both men or women of any age group. Piles are caused due to continuous high pressure in the veins. Other causes include constipation, excessive straining during bowel movements and persistent diarrhoea.
Does sitting cause piles?
Prolonged sitting can increase the risk of having piles. Certain jobs can increase the risk as well.
How long does piles last?
Piles sometimes shrink within a week with proper home care. If you have piles that do not go away or become worse, you should seek medical help.
Risk if Left Untreated
When these blood vessels stretch and become thin, they can bleed. Left untreated, hemorrhoids can protrude out of the anus to cause irritation, bleeding and other complications.
Your doctor may be able to see if you have external hemorrhoids simply by looking. Tests and procedures to diagnose internal hemorrhoids may include examination of your anal canal and rectum: Digital examination. During a digital rectal exam, your doctor inserts a gloved, lubricated finger into your rectum.
Lifestyle Changes for Piles
Eat high-fibre foods. Eat more fruits, vegetables and whole grains. Doing so softens the stool and increases its bulk, which will help you avoid the straining that can cause hemorrhoids. Add fibre to your diet slowly to avoid problems with gas.
Homeopathy Medicine for Piles
- Arsenicum album: Hemorrhoids burn-like fire. Burning is relieved by sitting in hot water. Skin around anus ulcerated. Use dilution(200C), 10 pills, thrice daily
- Apis mel: Hemorrhoids with stinging pain as if from the bite of honey bees and after confinement. Use dilution(200C), 10 pills, thrice daily
- Calcarea fluor: Internal piles with constipation and backache. Much flatus in the colon. Bleeding piles with itching of anus, worse during pregnancy. Use dilution(200C), 10 pills, four times a day
- Mucuna: One drop a dose is very near specific for bleeding piles. 4 doses will arrest the disease. Use mother tincture(Q), 1-2 drops in 30ml warm water
- If it does no good, use the following.
- Sulphur: Use in morning, 1 dose only
- Aesculus hip: Use in afternoon, 1 dose only
- Nux vomica: Use in night, 1 dose only
A dose of Sulphur in the morning and a dose of Nux vomica at bedtime, and a dose of Aesculus at noon will cure piles, blind or bleeding in a short time.
ALWAYS CHECK WITH YOUR HOMEOPATHIC DOCTOR BEFORE TAKING ANY MEDICINE
Piles may be an embarrassing subject to talk or read about but it is imperative you know about it for your benefit. If your condition gets worse, seek medical help.